Thursday, September 18, 2008

Skelos Attends Fundraiser for Gay Republicans, Still Doesn't Support Gay Marriage

I'm not sure which is worse, the Log Cabin Republicans hosting Dean Skelos who opposes their fundamental rights or Dean Skelos for taking money from a group of people he opposes.
To their credit, the Log Cabin Republicans were honoring the four republican Assembly members who voted for gay marriage.
At the event, Skelos said “I appreciate your inviting me... Sometimes the media will say, ‘What are you doing here?’ You’re Republicans and I’m proud of you for being Republicans and I’m proud of being a Republican and standing here with each and every one of you.”

Yeah, Skelos is so proud he wants to deny them rights afforded every other citizen.

The Log Cabin Republicans hope to persuade more republicans to support gay marriage but continue to support the likes of Skelos who will not change his mind.

No comments: