Sunday, November 18, 2007

A "Heartfelt Appreciation" From Schmitt and Dunne? Hardly.

A friend of this blog and outstanding candidate John Clark caught this little copy and paste job from Schmitt and Dunne.
You can really tell when a politician cares because they take the time to do things personally. Seems Schmitt and Dunne typed out the same exact post-election "Thank You" letters to the Anton Newspapers.
Oh wait... they didn't.
Nothing says "Heartfelt" like a form letter.
Great Job Guys!

From the Massapequan Observer...
"I am writing to express my heartfelt appreciation to the voters of the 12th Legislative District for re-electing me as County Legislator. It is an honor to serve as your representative in the Legislature.
In the coming years, our county and communities will continue to face great challenges and opportunities. I look forward to working with leaders of both parties to return this county to the principles of fiscal conservatism by encouraging the passing of my proposed legislation to freeze property reassessment for five years and discouraging the continuation of excessive county spending practices.
I also look forward to working with elected officials, community leaders and residents to preserve the suburban character of our neighborhoods. Together, we must stop the forces of urbanization that threaten our quality of life.
Once again, thank you for affording me the privilege of serving you in the County Legislature.
Legislator Peter J. Schmitt, L.D. 12
Minority Leader"

From the Levittown Tribune.....
"I am writing to express my heartfelt appreciation to the voters of the 15th Legislative District for re-electing me as County Legislator. It is an honor to serve as your representative in the Legislature.
In the coming years, our county and communities will continue to face great challenges and opportunities. I look forward to working with leaders from both parties to return this county to the principles of fiscal conservatism by encouraging the passing of my proposed legislation to freeze property reassessment for five years and discouraging the continuation of excessive county spending practices.
I also look forward to working with elected officials, community leaders and residents to preserve the suburban character of our neighborhoods. Together, we must stop the forces of urbanization that threaten our quality of life.
Once again, thank you for affording me the privilege of serving you in the County Legislature.
Legislator Dennis Dunne, Sr., L.D. 15"

You'd think they would be embarrassed by this.. but they are not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So do you have any opinions on N.C. issues that you wish to share with us or do you only look to sling mud? You run for office but meanwhile we have no idea where you stand on any of the issues. Saying "I look to continue what Tom Suozzi is doing" is not a campaign platform. For example what is your opinion on the Leg. reappointing the Director of Ind. Budget Review over the complaints of the County Executive??

J said...

Wow. For someone who spends alot of time being critical of me and this blog - all the way from Illinois even - you don't pay much attention.